Any time you go through a personal injury law matter, you want to have someone on your team who knows what they’re doing and can protect your rights. It’s imperative, though, for you to make sure you have the right person on your side.
This means you need to ask specific questions of the attorney you intend to hire so you can feel peace of mind. You can also learn what to expect so you can have confidence of what comes next. Here are some questions you should ask moving forward.
The Important Questions to Ask
- What kind of experience do you have?
- You should know what experience your attorney has in handling cases similar to yours. You want to know that they know how to build a strong case and can represent you in a matter that protects your best interests.
- Have you been successful in the past?
- Experience is important, but success can be a crucial indicator of what you can expect. Know whether or not the attorney has guided others in your position to a favorable outcome.
- Will I communicate with you when needed?
- Communication is one of the most important aspects of the lawyer-client relationship. Having strong communication can keep you from fearing the unknown and having confidence in the process.
- How can I afford your representation?
- See if the attorney works on a contingency fee basis. This would mean you owe nothing upfront and the attorney only gets paid if and when they’re successful in recovering compensation on your behalf.
At Shapiro Law Firm, you’ll find Tallahassee personal injury lawyers ready and willing to go to great lengths to help you pursue compensation. Trust that we’ll stand by your side every step of the way and work to help you pursue the most favorable outcome possible.
Call our firm at (850) 629-7226 today for a free consultation.